Friday, January 04, 2008

Shelby Vick, Florida, USA

shelvy20012000@yahoo.com


It's obvious why Challenger has been nominated for and won so many awards. Number 26 is just another step in the same direction.

Understanding Virginia Tech and its like … well, we just can't! It's not just that there's an irrational mind behind it (I can get pretty irrational myself, at times, as I imagine all of us can) but something beyond irrational.

Greg and Elisabeth Benford and Arthur C. Clarke and moving Sri Lanka five degrees; hey, that's quite a feat for Clarke to pull off! (One of the advantages of being a successful author!)

Mike Resnick got it square-on about Funny. I think there are many so-called “humorists” who'd be out of business if it wasn't for smut and filth. Of course, I'm old-fashioned; I still think Jack Benny is/was funny. Or, for that matter, Walt Willis.

And, speaking of humor, you reprinted that classic Tucker piece, “How Dull Was My Weekend”. Great! … But I must correct one item: Paul Cox and I did not pass out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home