Tuesday, January 15, 2008

John Teehan

I just stumbled upon an interesting bit of trivia. While doing some preliminary research on a short article on superhero names, I discovered a claim on Wikipedia that Guy Gardner, the Green Lantern of Earth (late 80s to early 90s) was named after our own Guy Lillian III and Gardner Fox. This may be old news to some, but new to me. Seems kind of big to me to have a comic book superhero named after oneself-even one as flaky as GG.

Guy, have you ever written anything about this? Or care to make some comments?

Julie Schwartz, under whose editorial guidance the Silver Age Green Lantern came to be, never told me Guy Gardner was named after me and Mr. Fox, but then he never told me he wasn't, either. So ... Sure he was!

And let's not forget Lex Luthor's late mother on Smallville ...


Now, about Challenger #26 ...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home