Monday, June 11, 2007

Robert Kennedy, Camarillo CA

Thank you for #25.

Cold Case Files (A&E) presented the Michael Crowe case for the third time on January 7, 2007. If you haven't seen it and they do it again, try not to miss it.

Richard Dengrove's review of Joe Major's Heinlein's Children: The Juveniles also was excellent. If there is any justice the book will win the HUGO. So, hopefully you and anyone else voting for the HUGOs will vote for it as #1 for Best Related Book.

"What Scientologist's Believe About mental Health – and Why You Should Care" by Mary Ann van Hartesveldt was outstanding.

Your continuing photos from your trip are very much appreciated. This time the Watts Towers. I lived in Pasadena (Los Angeles County) for 47 years before moving to Camarillo (Ventura County). But, I've never been to the Watts Towers. Heck, it took my then wife to get me to the Huntington Library in San Marino and it was only a few miles from where we lived. Any more pictures from the WorldCon itself?

Your continuing reports on your life as a Public Defender are also very much appreciated. I'm going to copy the latest (Hebrews 13.3 – Three Stories from Court) and send them to two or three friends with full credit to you and an explanation about
Challenger. Well, I will not have to explain very much as they know about Science Fiction Fanzines (even if they are not SF Fans as such) and about my writing letters to them.

Concerning the case of "The Empty Man"­ I found
Challenger #14 and reread your commentary. I am unable to make a judgment about the interrogation as I don't have enough information concerning the case. How about furnishing more information? What was the final outcome, if there has been one? Was the dramatization on A&E on one of their Cold Case Files, or was it a separate program?

I understand the Empty Man has been granted a new trial.

Another fine issue and one of these years you will have a HUGO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home