Monday, June 11, 2007

Diane Hughes

I just finished reading the piece about Cynthia and I have tears in my eyes. You did a wonderful job of capturing the essence of a very special person and the senseless tragedy of her death that occurred at least partially because of the lack of responsibility of those who should have been more careful in providing for her care in a crisis, and I certainly don't mean you.

It was beautifully written and very moving, and I wish you my condolences for your loss. It sounds as if what you had with her was an utterly irreplaceable relationship. My sympathies.

I'm delighted to hear you are married. I commend you for being a public defender which as I know is poorly paid and difficult work.

It's good to be in touch again.

In 1984, when I was at one of my lowest points, ever, a lovely lady approached me at a convention and drew me into talking about my pain, the first step towards finding balance and hope and peace of mind. She was not only a fan, but a psychologist, not only a psychologist, but a friend. You were that lady. It's been too many years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home