Friday, February 16, 2007

Joseph Major, Louisville, Kentucky

"Winston P. Sanders" is Winnie the Pooh. Remember the stump? It had a sign saying "Mr Sanders".

I've seen Alice's Restaurant and I remember two things about it: 1) the protagonist tried to get a draft exemption on the grounds that he had Huntington's Chorea, which since he didn't shows that he didn't have a persuasive doctor and 2) he advocated living in a church steeple and throwing trash in the sanctuary, which shows a belief that cockroaches and rats can't climb.

I'm reminded of the little Polish shtetl that gave a schnorrer a job keeping watch for the Messiah. After a while he complained that he wasn't getting paid very much and could he have a raise. They told him, "Ah, but such job security!"

Wasn't Sir Richard F. Burton H.M. Consul in Trieste when he died?

I seem to remember that Burton’s last words were “I am a dead man,” a statement which was only momentarily incorrect.

Is the next movie after A Fistful of Dynamite titled For a Few Charges More?

The very popular Turkish movie where American troops in Iraq are portrayed as the bad guys also shows them as servants of evil Zionist schemers. So what else is new?

I was thinking that there had been a movie recently based on Paul Monette's life that had a subplot about the Tony Johnson story, except since this was a movie this was a real (and not so abused) boy. But I can't remember the title and Internet Movie Data Base is not of any assistance.

All knowledge is in fandom. Readers?

Isn't the usual fear of going back to your high school reunion that you'll find that everyone else is a millionaire who married well?

My fear is that the gorgeous girls whom I thought utterly unattainable will whisper to me, “I always wished you’d asked me out!” “Now you tell me!” I’d shriek.

I have to wonder if there would be such a complete lapse of creativity as Taral speculates. There are plenty of "free" works out there, from fan fiction to publish-on-demand works. (He didn't hear about our problems with Curse of the Vampire.) The question then becomes a matter of where are the good ones. That, I can see his point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home