Thursday, September 21, 2006

Brad W Foster, Irving, TX, USA

I think I’ve managed to make my way through all of the new issue. I’m still getting the hang of this on-line zine stuff. I’ve noticed that the zines that pop up in PDF format things have an actual page count at the bottom of the screen, so it gives some idea of how much material there is, just like getting an actual print zine. More web-oriented zines like you’ve set up Chall are another matter, I’m not sure if I’m still missing parts, since sections re set up independent of each other, and some are even on other hosted sites.
Every article is accessed from the Contents page. If there is more to an article, an arrow or URL at the bottom of the page will take you there. The interactive sites (blogs) are the exception. But all the articles for the current issue will be on the front page of the blog. And each blog has links back to the Contents page.
~Guy's Web Slave ;-p
It was interesting, saddening, enlightening, and hopeful to read all the various accounts of New Orleans from yourself and so many of the other contributors. That’s a story that is going to be going on for a long, long time.

Enjoyed Joe Green’s memories of having John Campbell as a house guest. And on the travel theme, Mike Resnick’s “Bathrooms” article was funny, but probably the wrong thing for a travel-wuss like myself to read. I’ve always considered Nature as something you pass through from the air-conditioned house to the air-conditioned car. Indoor plumbing is a given in all my travel plans!

And a very lovely tribute to your friend Cynthia to wrap things up.
Cynthia is interred in Hammond, Louisiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home