Sunday, January 02, 2005

Jack Speer, Albuquerque New Mexico USA

I was glad to see you and Rosy and Noreascon, and sorry we didn’t spend more time together.

Thanks for your work on the souvenir book. The photo section was more than I expected. My impression is that the biographical information on participants included more nearly everyone than that at Torcon.

Credit Mary Kay Kare for that whole section of the program/souvenir book.

In the printing of “Last & First Fen”, i did not see Youngfan 4's line “You got down couldn’t get up son of a bit your finger off, go to Helena Montana my goods got damaged by fire!” Was the omission accidental, or did you feel the profanity too unrestrained for a family publication?

My personal incompetence in copying the text is to blame.

A footnote to “Colishun Course”: My first letter to a fanzine was published in Julius Schwartz’ Fantasy magazine. The magazine came to the Speer mailbox, and Dad read it before passing it on to me. He was amused at my presumptuously telling these people how to publish their magazine.

Unfortunately it’s after the convention that we read we read most of the souvenir book. Yours for Noreascon is a great job. Of course you had help on it, but coordinating that help must have been a huge task. And you got it printed by the beginning of the convention!

For the efficient manner in which the book got published, as well as the beauty of its design, credit Geri Sullivan, who went to the printers and supervised the actual process.

Greg Benford said there are almost no genzines any more, mentioning Challenger as a notable exception. I hope to get to reading the issue you sent me.

When you do, let me know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home